For The Shrimp:
- 1 pound deveined jumbo shrimp.
- half a lemon.
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt.
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper.
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper.
- 1/2 tablespoon dry cilantro.
- 1/2 tablespoon dry thyme.
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder.
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder.
For The Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- 1 medium onion, cut up.
- 1 small bell pepper, cut up.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1 teaspoon paprika.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. (plus salt to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes.
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
For The Grits:
- 1 Cup Old Fashion Grits (not the instant stuff)
- 2 cups half and half.
- 2 cups of water.
- 1/2 tablespoon salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
To Make Shrimp Sauce:
- Clean shrimp and squeeze half a lemon, drain the lemon juice out of the bowl and season shrimp with the kosher salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, dry cilantro, dry thyme, garlic powder and onion powder. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pan over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of butter, let that melt then you’re going to add your onions, bell peppers and garlic & let it cook up for about 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutess, go ahead and add your heavy cream, kosher salt, paprika, black pepper, pepper flakes, dry thyme, garlic powder & onion powder. Stir.
- Let sauce boil on low heat for 7-10 mins then add shrimp, stir and allow to cook for 5 mins (because they’re jumbo). Once cooked stir and that part of your meal is finito ! 🙂
To Make The Grits:
- Add half & half, water, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder to a pot, allow to boil ( keep an eye on it once it starts boiling, the milk begins to rise and gets frothy and can spill alll over your stove and cause a big mess!)
- Add grits, stir & lower heat to very low, cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Every 5 mins stir & be careful! when it starts boiling it pops and you don’t want hot grits to touch your skin, the burns are serious!
- If its too thick for you, add some more water until its the consistency you like.
- Once done, plate with that shrimp sauce you made & YUM!!