For the lamb:
4 lamb chops
4 spring of fresh rosemary, minced
3 fresh basil leaves, minced
5 spring of thyme, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Half a lemon & a lemon wedge
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 large zip lock bag
2 tablespoons olive oil (for cooking the lamb)
For the potatoes
6 large red potatoes
3/4 cup coconut milk, plus more if needed
3 tablespoons butter, cut into little squares. (the stick butter, salted)
2 cloves of garlic, cut in half
4 tablespoons kosher salt
2 scallions cut up
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon kosher salt
To make the lamb:
1. Clean lamb, rinse and squeeze half a lemon on it.
2. Grab the zip lock and put all the other ingredients in; Rosemary, basil, thyme, garlic, lemon wedge (give it a little squeeze before you throw it in), Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, kosher salt, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper & ground ginger.
3. Mix it all up then place the lamb in, seal the zip-lock and massage it alllllll in, then place in the fridge for 30 to 45 minutes or until you are done making the potatoes, you can also leave it over night.
4. Heat a skillet over high heat, make sure it’s really hot! If it doesn’t obnoxiously sizzle when you place the lamb on it, you didn’t give it enough time greedyyy. Add 2 table spoons olive oil. Place chops on your hot skillet and let it cook for about 6 mins on each side, if you want it well done you can eave it a little longer, don’t ruin it though! & Don’t continuously flip and turn and mess with it,makes the meat hard and rubbery. You should only flip once; twice the most.
To make the potatoes:
1. Rinse and scrub potatoes with a cooking brush, if you want to peel them completely you can just rinse and peel them. I like to have a little skin on mine so I scrubbed them and semi peeled them 🙂
2. Place a large pot with enough water to cover the potatoes, don’t add them yet though! .. Add the salt, ALL 4 tablespoons because that’s where the flavor in the potatoes will come in, also add the garlic, cover and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling add potatoes and cook until tender, try not to over cook them to the point they’re falling apart 😫.
4. Once cooked, drain (take out those garlic cloves). Add butter & begin to mash, in between mashing add coconut milk (make sure you shake it up really well before opening it up and adding it) , salt, butter, scallions, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, if you feel you need more coconut milk go ahead and add till its to your liking.
5. Now that that’s all done you can now choose a vegetable of your choice, plate and eat up!