Happy Valentine’s Day to all the lovers ! ❤ My next few posts will be for the Valentiners (made that word up) lol below is the recipe for red velvet pancakes, it’s so yummy ! Skip the whole going out to eat and whip these bad girls up for your Valentine, i’m sure most of these ingredients are already in your home. Enjoy !
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons of raw unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 salted butter, melted.
- Heart shape stencil (optional)
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Combine with a fork or whisk and set aside.
- In the measuring cup with 2 cups of milk add the 2 tsp of vinegar, stir and let it sit for 2 minutes. ( you just made buttermilk) 😉
- In a large bowl ( make sure it s large enough to hold your entire pancake mix) add your milk, sugar, eggs, red food coloring, vanilla extract and melted butter (make sure your butter isn’t hot, be sure to melt it earlier on) whisk everything together!
- Now you can grab that flour mixture you did earlier and gradually mix it into your wet mixture, whisk it all together.
- If you feel its not red enough, go ahead and add some more food coloring, if it needs more milk because it’s too thick you can add about 3/4 cup more.
- Heat your pan, I find it easier to pour pancake mix from my measuring cup, if you have a technique use that, if not, try a measuring cup.
- Spray your pan with a bit of cooking spray and be sure to spray your stencil also, place stencil on your pan and pour pancake mixture, be sure not to make it too thick.
- Place stove on low heat, wait to see bubbles at the edges/lining of your pancake, about 4 minutes depending on thickness. Remove stencil and flip, remove after 3 minutes.
- Repeat steps until mixture is done. You may have to occasionally spray your stencil between pancakes.Top with what ever topping you prefer & ENJOY 🙂