- 11 Slices of bread.
- 1/2 tablespoon Baileys Irish Cream. (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- pinch of nutmeg.
- pinch of salt.
- 1 1/4 tablespoon flour.
- 4 eggs.
- 1/3 cup of milk.
- heart stencil. (optional)
- In a large dish, mix together Baileys, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, salt, eggs, milk and flour with a whisk thoroughly.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out the heart shape in the slices of bread. ( do not throw out the left over bread)
- Add heart shapes into your batter, soak on both sides for about a minute depending on the thickness of your bread.
- Heat skillet and place on low medium high, spray with cooking spray or use butter and cook your french toast on both sides until thoroughly cooked, I’d say about 4 minutes each side.And there you have it! plate how ever you want with any fruits, chocolate or whatever you & your Valentine are into. 😉
TIP: With the bread left over from making your heart you can put to use by making eggs in a basket. Just butter the bread place it on your pan, crack an egg in the middle season with salt, pepper and any other seasoning of your choice, you can flip it or cook your egg how ever you choose 🙂
ENJOY ! 🙂