If you follow my blog by now you probably think I have an obsession with fried chicken, curry powder, shrimp & PASTA haha. Well I do, I LOVE pasta, so after work the other day I ran to the grocery store to pick up some penne, and a pound of shrimp and the rest was just left to my imagination. This recipe is done in steps that may require you to multi task a bit, so I’m going to break it down for you as best as I can, it’s not complicated at all.
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Pinch of dry thyme
- Pinch of dry parsley
- Preheat oven to 375
- Toss cherry tomatoes in bowl with olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, thyme and parsley, mix.
- Place on cookie sheet/pan and place in oven for 15mins (they’ll start to get all wrinkly and such). Take out of oven and set aside.
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- In bowl, mix together shrimp, salt, black pepper, pepper flakes, curry powder, dry thyme, cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Heat skillet or whatever you choose to do your sauce in.
- Add shrimp and minced garlic, cook for 3 mins each side (please don’t over cook your shrimp, over cooked rubbery shrimp is the. worst.). Be sure to put the shrimp in one by one, so that you’re not adding the shrimp water that’s in the bowl, it’ll spring its own water while in the skillet.
- Remove shrimp from skillet, leave all the juices and the minced garlic in there, set shrimp aside.
Spicy Garlic Tomato Sauce:
- 1 Quart Heavy Cream
- 1 medium onion, cut up.
- 3 scallions, cut up.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon blackpepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper flakes
- Roasted tomatoes (that you set aside earlier)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Salt to taste.
- In skillet that you used to fry the shrimp, add onions and scallions, cook until onions are translucent.
- Add heavy cream, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, pepper flakes, roasted tomatoes, dry thyme, dry basil and oregano, over medium heat.
- Bring sauce to a boil and simmer on low heat for 10 mins until sauce begins to get thick. Stir occasionally.
- After 10 mins taste, if needed add a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper.
- Turn off heat and add cooked pasta to sauce, mix thoroughly making sure all the pasta is covered in the sauce.
- Add cooked shrimp and mix.