This is such a fun and quick meal on days you just aren’t up for the long preps and cook time. In this recipe I used bow tie pasta instead of the traditional spaghetti pasta check the recipe out below 🙂 Keep in mind I’m not much of a recipe writer, yet. If there is any more explanation you need to make things clearer, just let me know in the comments !
- 1lb ground beef.
- 1lb bow tie pasta.
- 1 Large Onion.
- 1 Large Green & Red pepper cut up.
- 2 Cloves of Garlic chopped.
- 1 tsp pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Scallions cut up.
- 2 tsp Parsley.
- 2 tsp Thyme.
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt (to taste).
- 3 tsp Garlic powder.
- 1 tbs All purpose seasoning of your choice.
- 24 oz Pasta sauce of your choice.
- Boil bow tie pasta as directed on box.(Tip: In water add 1 tbs salt, drain after cooking and add 2 tsp olive oil and mix.) Sprinkle a little bit of dry parsley on top and set aside.
- Heat skillet on medium heat with 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Add ground beef and cook till almost brown.
- Add onions, green peppers, red peppers, garlic,parsley, thyme, pepper flakes, all purpose seasoning, and scallion.
- Continue cooking until ground beef and seasonings have cooked thoroughly.
- Add pasta sauce of your choice.
- Lower heat and let simmer for 20 mins.
- Taste, to make sure there’s enough salt, if not add to taste. You can also add 1/2tbs of sugar to your sauce to give it a sweet and savory taste.