We can’t go wrong with fried chicken, ever!
Here’s my recipe for brined fried chicken, so simple yummy and to the point.
- 14 chicken wings
- Vinegar to clean
- 2 tbs salt
- 1 lime cut in half
- 1 Orange cut in wedges
- 1 tbs all purpose seasoning of your choice
- 1/2 tbs black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp pepper flakes
- 2 cubes
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups of flour
- Wash and clean wings with vinegar. Rinse off vinegar.
- Brine chicken in water with salt, lime juice and orange juice (throw entire lime and orange wedges in water after squeezing) make sure its enough water to cover all of the wings.
- Let sit for 2 hours
- Take wings out of brine, rinse.
- Season chicken with black pepper, garlic powder, curry, all purpose seasoning, pepper flakes and onion powder.
- Add 2 tsp of cayenne pepper to flour
- Add wings to flour generously cover them with flour and fry in fryer or 4 cups of vegetable oil.
- Cook in oil for 10-12 minutes until cooked.
- Set on wire rack to drain off oil.